Translate

Monday 27 June 2016

The Song of Solomon Chapter 1

 


The Song of Solomon 

Chapter 1






1. The Song of Songs, which is Solomon's. 2. Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth! For your love is better than wine, 3. your anointing oils are fragrant, your name is perfume poured out: therefore the maidens love you.



(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verses 1 to 3)





Oh, Top of the Pops, or Eurovision Song Contest 2016 ! Indeed following You my God and Father is truly an adventure. You teach me to meditate on Your 'Good News', You also teach me to love others as myself, and now You also teach me how to sing praises and hymns of worship to You.





Oh God my Father, You are truly my beloved one, truly more than one can say. Nobody loves me like You do. Amen. Although You anoint me with the chalice of tribulations, You wash and cleanse me by the blood of Your passion. Your love is true and genuine. This is what makes us so attracted to You my God and Father. 




4. Draw me after you, let us make haste. The king has brought me into his chambers. We will exult and rejoice in you; we will extol your love more than wine rightly do they love you.



(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verse 4)




Oh God, my Father I also pray that You draw me after You. May I never be inclined to follow anyone else on this earth apart from You, my, God and Father. Even though I am a sinful person, You still love me even more than the sweetness of the wine Amen.




5. I am black and beautiful, O daughters of Jerusalem, like the tents of Kedar, like the curtains of Solomon.


(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verse 5)




Oh God, my Father, I am a person of many colours. When I am happy I shine, when I am angry I become red or crimson, when I am sick I become shades of green, however, I am happy with the way that You made me and  I thank You for me, for nobody can be as good as me but me, with all my strengths and weaknesses Amen. 




6. Do not gaze at me because I am dark, because the sun has gazed on me. My mother's sons were angry with me; they made me keeper of the vineyards, but my own vineyard I have not kept!



(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verse 6)




Oh God my Father, many people have been discriminated due to the colour of their skin and even injured and treated in a very negative way, moreover throughout history and even during our times many coloured people are treated as slaves in the sense of being given work that nobody else would like to do such as clearing trash when the truck passes and even working on building sites. And what is more, I am proud to thank them in Your Name for 'THEY ARE MAKING A GOOD JOB OF IT'. I thank such people to whom we have long since been cold, in our attitude to them for they are showing us what it means to be hard working and dedicated Amen.




7. Tell me, you whom my soul loves, where you pasture your flock, where you make it lie down at noon; for why should I be like the one who is veiled beside the flocks of your companions?



(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verse 7)




Oh God my Father as in the case of Solomon, my pleasure and delight is only in doing Your will, in being where You are. The world can give me no pleasure that is long lasting, only a few moments of pleasure that fly away like the wind and become history a few seconds later Amen. I want to be where You be my God and Father Amen.  




8. If you do not know O fairest among women, follow the tracks of the flock, and pasture your kids beside the shepherds' tents.




(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verse 8)




Oh God my Father, may we always be where You be, may we always follow in Your footsteps and find love, counsel and shelter in Your presence wherever it may be for You are not bound by time or location Amen.




9. I compare you, my love to a mare among pharaoh's chariots. 10. Your cheeks are comely with ornaments, your neck with strings of jewels. 11. We will make you ornaments of gold, studded with silver.


(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verses 9 to 11)


Oh God my Father, those cheeks those blessed cheeks that children cuddled and which the soldiers and high priests slapped and spat on for our redemption. Our prayers oh Father are like bunches of flowers with the sweet fragrance in the form of a bouquet that the groom gives to his bride.




12. While the king was on his couch, my nard gave forth its fragrance. 13. My beloved is to me a bag of myrrh that lies between my breasts. 14. My beloved is to me a cluster of benna blossoms in the vineyards of En-gedi.



(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verses 12 to 14)



Oh God, my Fathe I wish that I was like that bag of fragrance dangling close to Your breast with fragrance flowing from it. I wish to be like that baby sucking milk from healthy breasts and drawing love, faith and feeling of well-being from You, my, God and Father. I would fight for me a place at your breast as if I was a newly born baby so that I will always be attached to You Amen.



15. Ah, you are beautiful, my love; ah, you are beautiful; your eyes are doves. 16. Ah, you are beautiful, my beloved, truly lovely. Our couch is green; 17. the beams of our house are cedar, our rafters are pine.



(Song of Solomon Chapter 1 verses 15 to 17)



Oh God, You are so beautiful, so faithful, loyal and just! There is none like You. Although with human eyes I cannot see You although I wish to do so all the time, in my mind I have the image of the figure of You as portrayed in the picture of the 'Divine Mercy' which is everywhere I go. Amen. Our relationship is also green, for green means that it is alive and not dried up as in a drought. May it always be alive and productive Amen.



I would like to end this chapter of the first book of the Songs of Solomon with the following prayer:-




Oh God my Father, I pray for all of us who are either married or in some form of relationship. I pray that as our relationship is green and healthy with our spouses it will also be green and healthy with You. As much as we love our partners and ourselves, in a positive way we also have the same love for You Amen.




Thank You Jesus
 

No comments:

Post a Comment